Submitted by: Kaui Philpotts
Makes 2 servings
- 2 chicken breasts, boned and skinless, cooked
- 1 small head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 stalks green onions, white and some green tops chopped
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup wonton chips for salads, or dry chow mein noodes
- 1 ripe papaya, seeded, peeled and cut into slices
- Poach chicken breasts in water, cool and refrigerate.
- When ready to assemble salad, cut chicken diagonally into slices.
- Assemble the salad by arranging a bed of shredded lettuce on the plates.
- Sprinkle the green onions, sesame seeds, almonds and wonton chips on top.
- Arrange the chicken and papaya on top.
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons or less raw cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake until frothy.
- Pour all over the salad just before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs.